Mala Ullal is an expert in the field of personnel and leadership development, with more than 10 years of professional experience in Germany and abroad. Having grown up with three cultures - the Indian, US-American and German culture - Mala Ullal turned her intercultural background into her profession. As a certified intercultural trainer, she works for multinational corporations and manages SMEs that operate on a global level. The design and implementation of management training, intercultural negotiation preparations, team training and individual training as well as deployment preparations in view of India, USA and Germany are her main focus.
In addition Mala Ullal offers strategic consulting, intercultural coaching, crisis intervention, mediation and lectures.
Mala Ullal has run trainings and expatriation preparations for large multinational corporations such as Bayer Pharmaceuticals, BMW, Bosch, Continental, Cap Gemini, Daimler, Deutsche Telekom, Ford, Fresenius, Gucci, Michelin, Schaeffler, Siemens, Voith and Volkswagen.
Workshops by Mala Ullal
Workshop 1: Intercultural competencies
Introduction to the roles culture plays in pedagogical context
• Case Studies and video analysis on standard fields of intercultural interfaces: high vs. low context communication, individual vs. collective responsibilities, perception of hierarchies, rule vs. exception orientation, expression of emotions, time perception, dealing with uncertainty and conflict,
• Self-perception and the perception by others
• Culture simulation – examination of the cultural backgrounds
• Role of perceptions, assumptions and stereotypes
• Transfer to one’s own professional context – what works well & where can we learn together?
Application to collaboration with children, parents and teachers
• Teaching and parenting concepts across cultures
• Hierarchies and authority
• Time perception and keeping deadlines
• Conflict resolving
• Culture sensitive feedback
• Embracing diversity – strengthening weakness indicators
Workshop 2: Posture, Voice, Energy
Introduction to body language and personal presence
• How do I come across as a person and in groups?
• Body language and movement analysis – how do I present to groups?
• Breathing – how can I use my breathing to affect my body language and improve my personal presence?
• Voice – what can I do to speak in a relaxed yet powerful manner?
• Exit strategies – what can I do when I feel uncomfortable in front of other people?
• Confidence – which style suits me? When do I feel at ease, centred and grounded? What associations do I evoke in others? What can I do when I lose my train of thought?
Application of content when working with children, parents and teachers
• Staying in touch with yourself while working with children, parents and colleagues
• Being heard and staying visible
• Creating a link between the communication of content and establishing your own presence
• Burn-out prevention through awareness of your own energy levels (tuning into and working with your own presence, setting clear boundaries)